Quality Assurance Engineer
Full Time I Remote
At Venngage, we are committed to help our customers visualize their ideas! We are a motivated team, with a fun and flexible culture, a thirst to learn and improve- with very steep growth goals.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who can help our team deliver the product with quality and implement automation solutions. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, self-driven, and enjoy working in a fast growing organization.
We put a lot of trust in each member of the team, meaning everyone has a high degree of autonomy in how they work, what they work on, and when they work. Thus, we look for candidates who can be independent, motivated, and responsible.
What you will do
You will take ownership of projects assigned to you and help the team release them with quality by:
- Communicating across departments (Product, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Support) to ensure that requirements for all the company’s products are clear and testable
- Developing testing strategies/plans to help guide the project team on how to effectively test the features during the implementation
- Writing test cases, executing them, and reporting issues as they arise
- Perform manual/exploratory testing to find edge cases
- Following up and verifying issues until they are completely fixed and resolved
- Executing regression tests to confirm the quality of weekly releases
You will take ownership of the automation framework and process to ensure its stability and efficiency by:
- Collaborating with Engineers to implement automation tests at all levels, parallel with project development to increase test coverage and improve test efficiency
- Debugging failed tests on a daily basis, logging defects of tracking tools (if any), and stabilizing test scripts
- Maintaining the regression test suite to ensure it’s up-to-date
- Researching to find solutions for automation implementation in all aspects of the product
- Providing feedback to improve automation framework and processes
- 1+ year of experience in similar role in SaaS startup environment
- Good at following established processes, but able to identify weaknesses and propose solutions to improve efficiency, in a diplomatic way
- Good testing mindset: Not only follows test cases, but proactively ask questions about features during testing to ensure highest coverage possible
- Good user mindset: You do not only find bugs, but you also “step in users’ shoes” to understand their pain points and propose solutions to improve UX
- Hands on experience in working with Agile environments and fast release trains
- Strong automation testing skills: Be able to develop, execute, and maintain framework and test scripts. Preferable stacks: Selenium with Java, TestNG, extent report, Postman, Rest Assured
- Ability to research and find solutions for automation implementation
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills
- A good team player: Willing to support when needed, 'win and lose as a team' mindset
Nice to have
- Experience in software development would be a huge asset
- Knowledge of non-functional testing such as performance and security.
- Knowledge/experience with other testing libraries such as Cypress, Playwright
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If you believe you are the right fit for this position, we would love to hear from you. Venngage is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
We offer a competitive compensation package, growth opportunities, and the ability to work remotely (or in our west Toronto office, once it’s safe to do so).
If you are interested in this position, please apply by filling out this form: https://venngage.typeform.com/to/cUEi6Q2d
Salary: CAD $55,000 - $75,000 (based on level of experience)
We thank all applicants for your interest to apply for this position. However, only selected candidates will be contacted for the next step!